Ron DeSantis has suspended his presidential campaign, but he’s still speaking out on the single most important issue for the 2024 presidential election – the uncontrolled southern border, and he’s still right about it:
“The appropriate number of illegal entries is zero.”
Stopping the invasion at our border is a matter of will. It doesn’t require a so-called deal that codifies into law illegal entries in excess of 1.8 million per year and provides incentives for future illegal immigration. pic.twitter.com/ClQToc7nVi
— Ron DeSantis (@GovRonDeSantis) January 27, 2024
The “deal” he’s talking about is the tentative agreement between Biden and Republican Senators. Per Bill Melugin of Fox news, here is the outline:
– Mandatory detention of all single adults.
– Mandatory “shut down” of border once average daily migrant encounters hits 5,000. Importantly, this 5,000 number includes 1,400 CBP One app entries at ports of entry per day, and roughly 3,600 illegal crossings per day.
– How is that enforced? Once the 5,000 threshold is hit, a new authority is codified into law that requires Border Patrol to immediately remove illegal immigrants they catch without processing. They would not get to request asylum, they would immediately be removed. This includes removals back to Mexico, and deportations to home countries. This would be a *massive* change from current policy, which is that once an illegal immigrant reaches US soil, they must be processed via Title 8 and allowed to claim asylum. Under this new authority – they are not processed, and they are mandatorily immediately removed once the “shut down” threshold is reached.
– This “shut down” also takes effect is there are 8,500 migrant encounters in a single day.
– The “shut down” would not lift the next day. It wouldn’t lift until daily encounters are reduced to under 75% of the 5,000 threshold for at least two weeks. This means the “shut down” authority would not lift until two weeks of an average of less than 3,750 migrant encounters per day.
– Some family units will be released with ATD (Alternatives to Detention, ankle monitors etc).
– New removal authority to immediately remove all migrants who do not have valid asylum claims, which will be determined within 6 months rather than the years long process we have right now.
– Any migrant caught trying to cross twice during “shut down” phase would be banned from entering US for one year.
– US will need agreement with Mexico for MX to take back non Mexican illegal immigrants. This hasn’t been ironed out yet.
– President Biden approves of the deal and is ready to sign it as is, right now, and implement the new authority it would give him.
This deal is a step back to codify massive illegal immigration, and is worse than current law. The problem is Biden will not enforce current law.
Existing law provides for mandatory detention of *all persons* entering illegally. If they write a chest-beating law calling for “mandatory detention of all single adults,” (a) that actually guts the better law we already have, & (b) why would anyone trust them to enforce it? https://t.co/SJifsv0JEt
— Andy McCarthy (@AndrewCMcCarthy) January 27, 2024
The Biden-McConnell open borders amnesty bill would let in a minimum of 1.8 million illegal aliens before even pretending to close the border. https://t.co/DuJ8Dymi9O
— Sean Davis (@seanmdav) January 27, 2024
We are at a crisis point, and not just from the number of illegals crossing the border. There isn’t a doubt in my mind that China, Iran, other hostile nations and various terror groups are infiltrating saboteurs into the country for use when needed, as this letter from former FBI officials asserts.
The threat we call out today is new and unfamiliar. In its modem history the U.S. has never suffered an invasion of the homeland and, yet, one is unfolding now. Military aged men from across the globe, many from countries or regions not friendly to the United States, are landing in waves on our soil by the thousands – not by splashing ashore from a ship or parachuting from a plane but rather by foot across a border that has been accurately advertised around the world as largely unprotected with ready access granted.
It would be difficult to overstate the danger represented by the presence inside our borders of what is comparatively a multi-division army of young single adult males from hostile nations and regions whose background, intent, or allegiance is completely unknown. They include individuals encountered by border officials and then possibly released into the country, along with a shockingly high estimate of “gotaways” – meaning those who have entered and evaded apprehension.
For these reasons, elements of this recent surge are likely no accident or coincidence. These men are potential operators in what appears to be an accelerated and strategic penetration, a soft invasion, designed to gain internal access to a country that cannot be invaded militarily in order to inflict catastrophic damage if and when enemies deem it necessary.
This sobering letter from former FBI, Homeland Security, and other law enforcement officials describes the chilling reality of why @POTUS’s open border is a clear and present danger to America. pic.twitter.com/JrlM6vKjVq
— Senator Ron Johnson (@SenRonJohnson) January 25, 2024
We won’t know what hit us until it hits us.
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.